We are a few days away from the official start of summer and it’s coming in HOT this weekend in LA… like over 100 degrees hot! Even though I’m spending part of my weekend working (oh the life of an Event Planner), I am planning to enjoy the sunshine and the heat near some kind of pool/beach situation. The one amazing thing about living near the beach is that it’s an opportunity to purchase a new swimsuit each year for the summer (that’s a good excuse to shop, right?). If you saw my Dear Curvy Girl video on summer looks & swimwear, I mentioned how obsessed I was with the high-waist bikinis in cute and bright prints last year, but this year is all about the one pieces for me! Don’t believe me? We’ll this week I’m sharing my Top 10 Picks for Bathing Suits this Summer to get all of us prepared for those pool & beach days!
The Curvy Girls Top 10 Bathing Suit Picks of 2016
- Forever 21 is my go-to place for swimwear because it’s adorable and affordable! I’m LOVING their Cut Out One Piece Suit in royal blue. This is sexy, yet give you coverage in all the right places and it’s less than $30 (deal of the summer, Ladies)!
- Now I’m not done with my high-waist bikini just yet; they’re just to darn cute not to love! Torrid’s Geo Print Tie Front Bikini Top has great colors that look good on all skin tones. I love that the top has support for your girls and the bottom has smoothing support for your tummy to make everything look perfectly curvy!
- If you’ve been following my social media accounts, you’ll see that I have a MAJOR girl crush on Ashley Graham! Not only is the she the first plus size model to be featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated, but she now has a sexy swimwear line on swimsuitsforall.com. Her uber sexy Spy Swimsuit is perfect if you want to flaunt those curves and get attention with it’s one-shoulder and mesh design. I’m telling you it’s so HOT!!
- Not into sexy suits, but want something comfortable and cute? I have always loved a classic tankini. In fact, this is my go-to suit if I’m lounging with family or feeling a little puffy (you know what I’m talkin’ about, Curvy Girls!). The Racerback Tankini by Ava & Viv at Target has a fresh color palette (I’m a sucker for purples!) and will give you a lot of coverage to feel 100% comfortable in a swimsuit. Pair it with a basic black high waisted bottoms for a little more coverage/support!
- I know there are some gals who need more coverage due to skin concerns, so a fashionable option would be Board Shorts and Short Sleeved Rashguard from Old Navy! They come in a variety of colors and right now they’re on sales, which is amazing.
- A new twist on the classic, but frumpy swim skirt is this High Waist version with matching Lace Up Bikini Top by Torrid! The whole thing is really sexy, feminine, and is really perfect if you’re more of a pool shelf lounger like myself.
- A lot of my followers LOVED my high waist, strappy bikini from Forever 21 (see above) and they have a similar look again this year. Their Textured Bikini Top with matching Bottoms have that sexy strappy front around the bust, yet enough coverage that doesn’t make you feel like you’re falling out of the top!
- This Cut-Out Plunge one piece from Lane Bryant is so delicious, that it’ll probably be in my collection of swimsuits soon! From the color and print to the sexy cut-outs, this is a perfect suit to impress you boo without too much skin showing… you know what they say about being a little mysterious!
- For all those curvy mama’s that wanna show off what their mama’s gave them, Ashely Graham’s Espionage Twilight Bikini is what you need in your life! This classic bikini has the string triangle top and bottoms, which is good for for adjusting to the perfect fit to your body. If you’re scared of it, give it a try with a cover up like Lane Bryant’s White Lace Romper Cover Up!
- Last, but definitely not least is the Multi-Way Swim Tank with Built-in Bandeau and matching bottoms by Lane Bryant! This suit that can be customized for as much (or as little) coverage as you might like and the vibrant color will have you standing out at those pool parties this summer (it also comes in classic black if purple isn’t your color… you’ll get the same effect). For a fun twist, mix and match the colors with the purple top and black bottoms!
Did I get you ready to head to the pool or beach in a new suit with my list? I really love all of these looks and know that they run in a variety of sizes and will look great on so many body types. While you’re shopping, don’t forget your confidence because that’s the #1 thing that will make you look amazing in anything you pick! What is your favorite type of suit? Be sure to comment below because I wanna know! Until next time…