Even though there a lack of freezing cold weather and snow in LA, it doesn’t mean that it’s not holiday party season! Literally EVERYONE in the city loves a holiday party and trust me when I say that there are more parties to celebrate the season than there are during the GRAMMYs, Golden Globes, & Oscars combined! From large corporate parties with an open bar & Santa to small tree decorating soirees with good friends & champagne, there’s a party for every type of person. I’m definitely not excluded, as I throw a lovely bash every year with a fun theme that people can get into (more details on that soon). The theme of my party last year was Naughty or Nice, giving my guests the option to wear black or red if they were on the naughty list or white if they were on the nice list. As the hostess and to keep things fun, I wore a white dress with a sexy black lace overlay that was the best of both worlds (check out the center pic above! Super cute, right?)!
With each party invite brings the fun of looking for an outfit that stands out and will dazzle among the sea of LBD. And please don’t get me wrong, I LOVE a good LBD, but when everyone is wearing a similar looking black dresses it get to be a bit much. If you’re already hearing the buzz about a holiday party for work or your boo’s family, trust me when I say I got ya back on this one; I am a whiz at dress shopping (my 6th sense). The options that I’ve come up with will not only be great for the holiday parties, but also for NYE!
The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Dazzling this Holiday Season
- A fun way to spice up a casual look for a holiday party with friends is by adding fun top! Forever 21’s Geo-Patterned Sequined Top really does the trick, especially if you pair it with Torrid’s Cropped Trench Coat (it also comes in pink, which is on my Christmas list for Santa) , dark denim jeggings, and quilted black booties.
- Looking fabulous is difficult with an Ugly Sweater Party, but if you’re like me and refuse to pick the ugliest sweater, try this Sequined Ho Ho Ho Sweater at Forever 21. It’s the perfect combo of cute and festive without really having looking drab!
- Is your company throwing a happy hour after work for a holiday party? I think Torrid’s Abstract Plaid Wrap Dress is great for a day to evening look. And honestly, a wrap dress is a staple every woman should have in her closet!
- Sure, a LBD is always fashionable, but a LWD (little white dress, if your scratching your head still) is perfection in my eyes! Eloquii’s Embellished Collar Dress gives a flawless look that will have people dreaming of a white Christmas!
- If you love the idea of a LWD, but are still stuck in a LBD state of mind, give the Studio Sequin Inlay Dress by Eloquii a try! It gives you the best of both worlds by adding a little sparkle and black to the LWD! I’m already
lovingobsessed with it!
- Playing meet the parents at your boo’s family party? City Chic has the cute, yet fashionable Bling Shoulder Dress that will be sure to impress! Grab it now while it’s 50% off!
- If you’re looking for something to wow the crowds without being too overly sexy, then this Sequin Ponte Party Dress by Torrid is perfect! It’s gives you that fancy feeling while keeping you comfortable all night… #winning!
- Doing a gift exchange night out with your girls? I’m loving this Cutout Bodycon Dress at Forever 21! And let me just point out that this is a great and inexpensive (under $20! aka a STEAL!!) option for NYE too.
- It wouldn’t be the holidays without the a pop of color! I’m loving the Studio Bonded Pique Dress at Eloquii because the red color is to die for gorgeous and paired with a sexy pair of black strappy heels you will be so on point. If red isn’t your go-to color, try another one of Eloquii colorful dresses like the Silky Fit & Flare Shirtdress in Jungle Green. With a fun pair of Back Seam Cuban Tights, you will be serving sexy all night!
- Love the idea of sparkle and comfort all at the same time? Again, Torrid has created a skater dress that will have you looking fancy, yet feeling comfortable with their Foiled Textured Skater Dress! I mean, seriously?! I’ll take 2, thanks!
- If I had to choose a LBD for the winter season that would be sexy, chic, and make a statement, hands down it would be the Ponte and Mesh Mix Dress by Eloquii! It’s not too over-the-top sexy and leave just enough to the imagination for bae… I call it a lethal combo for the holidays!
That was fast and furious, but now that everything is literally on sale at the stores, it’s the perfect time to grab some of these items. Even though all of these looks are gorgeous, the thing that will make you look to-die-for-sexy at any holiday or NYE party is confidence! So know that whatever you decide to wear, whether it’s sparkles or it’s just an “ugly” sweater trust me, if you walk into the room with a smile and confident, you will kill it every time. Hopefully this list will be helpful for you this holiday party season; be sure to use the hashtag #curvygirlscan when you’re on IG, Twitter, or Facebook because I wanna see all of your sexy looks, Curvy Girls!