Did anyone else think this was a long and entertaining week? I don’t know why, but this week felt extra in the stress department at work (I swear every event has a new set of challenges) and with all of the craziness of being in LA during an awards weekend. Of course, I avoided the VMA craziness as best I could last weekend (traffic + lots of people doing too much X a heatwave = an very hot & annoyed Marcie with a headache), but I did get a special invite to the Magic Castle here in Hollywood! If you’ve never heard of it, this is an exclusive magic club nested in the hills of Hollywood just minutes from infamous Hollywood and Vine. The only way to get in is either to be a member or be invited by a member. Now, I wasn’t sure about the magic aspect (anyone who knows me, knows that if it’s exclusive… I’m in love with it instantly), but it was incredible! Not the pull a rabbit out of a hat kind of stuff, it was all about illusions and trying to figure out how each act did their tricks. The one thing I’m totally forgetting to mention is that there is a strict dress code, which is slightly unusual (but appreciated) for Los Angeles where literally anything goes when it comes to fashion. After reading the what to wear list, I decided on a romantic, red lace infused, A-line cocktail dress from City Chic with a black, crushed stone heel from Torrid (on sale now!). If you haven’t shopping at City Chic, their dresses are so incredibly comfortable, elegant and sexy. I swear every time I wear one, I get several compliments and feel really beautiful and sexy (aka my favorite confidence combo)!
With last weekend being an almost unbearable heat wave, I’m really ready for the fall to start making its way to LA. Growing up in the Midwest, I always loved when fall came around because it meant football season, bonfires, apple cider & dumpling, pumpkin everything (it might be basic, but I don’t care!), the crispness in the air, and of course, my favorite… the cute fall clothes. Even well after my school days, I still love going “back-to-school” shopping with all of the ridiculously great deals on items like jeans, sweater, and boots that really great for any age. Normally, I’m able to score a couple pairs of jeans for under $50 per pair, new makeup combos, dark & trendy polish colors and really warm, yet fashionable shoes before fall hits, but this year I’ve already started noticing that there are some really fabulous trends for the curvy girl that I’m also dying to try this fall!
Since I always have my eyes peeled on great deals and trends, I decided to share my 2015 Fall/Winter Trends Watch List this week! This list is going to not only give you the newest looks and trends for fall, but a lot of these items will easily transition into your winter looks.
2015 Fall/Winter Trends Watch List
- Going to an evening event and don’t want to wear a heavy coat? Then the Caplet is a MUST for your fall collection! I have been looking for one of these for almost a year and Eloquii’s Black Caplet will have you looking sleek and sexy for the fall. Paired with a pair of black over the knee boots or short booties, skinny jeans, and this Mesh-Paneled Aubergine Top, you will be looking so on point, that everyone will be trying to copy your style within days.
- Speaking of boots, I am
overlymildly OBSESSED with over the knee boots, but with my not-so-dainty calves it’s a challenge to find ones that fit. One of my favorite places to look for boots is Torrid; they have very fashion forward boots that actually fit a wide calf. Even though I already have several pairs from there, I am already eyeing their Harness Tall Boots because the nice length of the boot is an easy way to make my calves slimmer and elongate my legs (especially with black leggings on). If you’re not one for tall boots, I’ve also noticed that casual booties are popping up again this year. The Hayden Lace-up Bootie from Maurices is really perfect for a casual jeans, t-shirt, and cardigan look.
- Even though I live in Los Angeles, I can’t resist a scarf! I know it’s weird, but again as an Ohio girl it’s just par for the course:) To adjust to the LA weather and not sweat to death, I usually grab a loose fitting infinity scarf. This year the lighter weight infinity scarves are making their way into mainstream stores for super cheap. I love this Heather Knit Infinity Scarf from Forever21. At $9.80, it’s a great deal and can be pair with so many things; my ideal outfit to feature this scarf is a pair of dark denim jean and a loosing fitting baseball tee and some colorful pair of
Chuck TaylorConverse. If an infinity scarf makes you a little claustrophobic, then check out the Plain Oblong Scarf at Torrid; it’s really cute, light and easily transitional to winter piece!
- I seriously live in cardigans in the fall because they are just an easy accessory to add to any outfit! This year though, I’m noticing that besides the standard cardigan, that longer lengths are being featured. I’m loving Forever21’s Marled Longline Cardigan, Textured Knit Vest, and Heathered Longline Cardigan in light blue. The longer lengths give you a little more coverage if you’re trying to minimize your backside (sometime you just have to know that less booty may be more in certain situations.. aka work!) and it also elongate your body.
- Nail colors are just as important to your fall #ootd! I’m a little partial to Essie because they always have incredibly rich colors for each season. Essie’s fall color palette is full of bright hues that range from blues to reds to golds with my favorites being Leggy Legend, In the Lobby, and Frock ‘n Roll.
- For whatever reason, I always think of bold lips in for the fall and I just discovered the Sephora Collection Oil Infusion Color & Care lip colors. These oils based glosses leave a nice punch of color to your lip without drying your lip out like other glosses. From an orange hue to vibrant vibrant plum, they have a range of colors and give you a nice sheerer application. Now, if you’re like me and need a heavy color every once in a while, the new berry lip color trend is one to try because its showing up everywhere! I’m dying to try the Nars Audacious Lipstick in Rich Berry to get in on the trend (check out my Facebook soon for pics!)
So many new trends out, right Curvy Girls? This is just a short list, but as I keep shopping and running around Los Angeles, I’ll keep you all updated on the newest and the coolest curvy girl trends. What trend are you excited to try out from the list? Leave it below for me to read:) And don’t forget to follow my Facebook & Instagram for more trends and updates on my watch list:)
Enjoy your Labor Days, lovelies:)